AXREM is the UK trade association representing the interests of suppliers of diagnostic medical imaging, radiotherapy, healthcare IT and care equipment including patient monitoring in the UK. Our group is comprised of most of the industry supply companies, complemented by the services of a secretariat. For a full list of AXREM members, click here: https://www.axrem.org.uk/member/
AXREM members supply the majority of diagnostic medical imaging and radiotherapy equipment installed in UK hospitals. In doing so, our member companies and their employees work side by side with Radiologists, Radiographers and Practitioners, Oncologists and a wide range of healthcare professionals in delivering healthcare to patients using our technologies. Our members therefore have unique knowledge, experience and insight into the workflow and challenges faced by healthcare professionals on a day-to-day basis, which enables us to develop and offer innovative solutions to improve the speed and quality of diagnostic procedures and treatments with our ultimate aim of improving patient care.
Although our members operate in a highly competitive commercial environment and in strict conformity with UK laws and regulations, certain issues require focus and resolution on an industry-wide basis.
Accordingly, the Association’s primary role is to help promote and develop the industry by providing a collective interface to address the regulatory and technical needs of the UK Healthcare market – public and private.
Examples of the services undertaken by AXREM on behalf of its membership as a whole are:
- Consultation with the Department of Health & Social Care and government bodies regarding regulatory and other issues
- Consultation with NHS organisations regarding trading terms and conditions
- Appointment of representatives to technical standards committees
- Appointment of representatives to professional bodies of the diagnostic, radiotherapy and care sector, e.g. British Institute of Radiology, Royal College of Radiographers, Society and College of Radiographers, etc.
- Appointment of representatives to the Radiology & Oncology Conference Board who manage and organise leading Scientific and Technical Meetings and Exhibitions.
AXREM was formed originally as the Association of X-ray Equipment Manufacturers. However, as technology advances have increased the scope of diagnostic imaging and treatment modalities the Association is now represented by the strap-line:
Association of Healthcare Technology Providers for Imaging, Radiotherapy and Care
For many years, AXREM has enjoyed an enviable reputation as the respected and authoritative voice of its sector in the healthcare industry. The Association is proud to carry that heritage forward. It is also particularly keen to encourage innovation and evaluation of new technologies to improve healthcare provision in the UK.
Should you wish to learn more about our activities, please contact Sally Edgington, AXREM Chief Executive Officer here: https://www.axrem.org.uk/contact/